Thursday 24 November 2011

24th November 2011


My Mum had offered, in a round about way, to make the covers for the cushions in the saloon. I looked at buying some foam and making new cushions as the old ones were past it and after costing it out I decided that it was a none starter as it was going to cost over £300.

Talking to Kevin who is fitting out his boat, he suggested getting a set of second hand caravan cushions from a caravan breakers, he recommended National Caravan Breakers as he had bought a set from them and they were in very good condition.

I went to visit them and bought a couple of sets as I needed new mattresses for the front cabin and saved myself over £150 in the process. The covers were past it, but that didn't matter as I was only interested in the foam, after a couple of hours of trimming with a sharp knife I had a set of cushions that fitted perfectly.

There ebay store is: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/national-caravan-breakers

If you are local to Colwyn Bay then you can save yourself on the postage and pick them up.

I then picked some material from the local haberdashery and Mum set to work. As you can see she's done a great job:


Below are some photos of her at her new birth in the marina.



If you are looking for a new birth for your boat then I can't recommend Overwater enough, its a beautiful Marina.

Take a look at: http://www.overwatermarina.co.uk/

or go an visit them, they have a great little coffee shop that is currently open Thurs -> Fri and serves good home cooked food.

No comments: